Tuesday, July 22, 2008

School Supplies Already?!?!

I saw it yesterday. It put a ball of dread in my stomach as I thought about what it means...

The first Back-to-School commercial of the season.

That means I don't have much time left with my little one. The days of sleeping till 8am, hanging out in our jammies, making pancakes and laughing at how she shovels them into her mouth, going to the park, children's museum, pool, lunch with friends, lunch with Kevin at his work, napping together and playing outside for as long as we want are coming to an end...quickly.

I have to report back on August 15. I still have some good time left with baby girl. My mom is coming to visit this weekend and in August, Aunt Kat, Maelin and I are going to Seattle for 5 days to visit Auntie Vanessa so we've got a lot planned to keep us busy.

That's the problem. The busier you are, the quicker it goes.

I remember the post I wrote about this last year. I think I was much more depressed about it then because MaeMae was still so little and I was pumping every 4 hours but I'm very sad about having to leave her with someone else for 7-8 hours every single day. Maelin has a good time at Sandra's but it's just not the same.

If anyone has any tips of how to slow down time, please send them my way.

2 comments:

Terri : Bradford Web Designs, LLC said...

I know, times flies... it is crazy! School supplies hit the shelves a couple weeks ago, and we have almost everything ready to go already for Bay's 6th grade year. August is creeping up way to fast...

Anonymous said...

You may be eager to go back to school, but before considering shopping for back to school supplies, waiting a bit more closer to back to school time might be beneficial.