Tuesday, July 15, 2008

I'm A Big Walking Girl! (and I like my piggies...)

Maelin has finally hit one of her last milestones...she's officially a toddler!! She took her first steps yesterday but it was only a couple of them and she didn't seem real confident so we let it go.

Then today she and I were playing on the floor and she had her cup of water in one hand and her Elmo Truck (she loves that darn thing) in the other had and lo and behold...the little girl just came toddling right over to me with the biggest smile on her face! It was a good 10 steps without falling down.

I did the big "Big Girl" dance with her and she laughed and giggled and I put her down to see if she'd do it again and yup!!

Our baby girl is walking!!!!

Here's a couple of pictures of our little one taking her first (and 2nd and 3rd and 50th) steps. She has only fallen a few times but she just keeps right on going!!




















I have to say...I thought I'd be sad when she started walking because offically my "baby" isn't a baby any more. She's a toddler now and even though we call her our baby, she really isn't. But even though I'm nostalgic for the little 4 month old baby that was so cute and cuddly, Maelin just keeps getting cuter, sweeter and busier as she gets older.

Case in point of this...take a look at this picture of our little "toddler" eating her piggies. She was so proud of herself for this and we were laughing so hard, we were crying. It was during dinner after all...what better time to eat your toes???

1 comment:

Stina said...

Yeah Maelin!! Way to go big girl! Can't wait to see her walk in person!