Thursday, July 24, 2008

A Few New House Pics

I realized that if I wait till the house is totally unpacked, painted, put away and set up before I posted pictures of it, it would happen in the year 2025. It's just impossible to do everything when you're chasing a 1 year old around the house. She doesn't care that that box needs to be unpacked...she wants to go outside and swing, darn it!!

So I'm letting go (a little bit) of my control-freak nature and surrendering to the fact that my house will probably not be perfect (ie: clean and painted and set up the way I envision it) for at least a few months.

That being said, here are a few pictures of our new house! Ta-Da!!! :-) (you can click on any of these pics to make them bigger)



This is our new backyard. Keep in mind that I'm not even standing at the edge of it...our yard is huge and there's a hill that goes down to our property line which is where I am with the camera. I'm on the hill about 15 feet away from our property line. Won't Maelin have fun here as she grows up??? The door all the way to the right is the garage door and then the kitchen door and then you see the dining room windows and our bedroom window.



This is a view of our patio that I LOVE...I love hanging out here and Maelin has a blast on her new swing that Daddy and Grandpa Terry set up for her. I've also had some girlfriends over a few times and we've hung out here at night with the candles and a glass (or two!) of wine watching the lights of the city. You can see the city to the right of our house and the mountains over the hill. The sunsets are amazing.



Anyone who's been to our old house knows why I put this picture here...we've never had a proper place to eat before!!! A real dining room! It's very exciting...or it will be when I get it painted. I want to do a chair rail, crown molding and a mocha-coffee color eventually. Anyone wanna come help paint?? :-)



Aaaaaaahhhhhh....a proper basement playroom for Maelin. This is my favorite part of this whole new house. She now has a place all her own for her toys, to run around, to do art projects (thanks for the table Kate!!) and to just trash as she sees fit. It's wonderful. We also put the TV and a few chairs down here so we have something to do while we're all hanging together. I'm eventually going to paint this room and make it more fun but it's GREAT for now.



View of the wonderful basement playroom from the other side. It's not designed as well as I'd like (okay, it's super handy and whoever designed the layout of the basement must have been high on something) but we're going to fix it eventually. It's totally liveable for now. (Gizmo is a big fan of the carpet too...)

Okay, that's it for now. I will post some more after I get a bit more organized...or if you want to see it and these pictures didn't do it for you, stop on by! We have a great patio where we can all hang out now!!

1 comment:

Terri : Bradford Web Designs, LLC said...

Congrat's on the new house! It looks beautiful. Love the big back yard and patio. :)