Monday, June 9, 2008

Lost in Translation


I think this incident speaks for itself...

Here is a copy of an email I had to write our neighbor last Friday. It made me laugh so hard while I was writing it and telling a few friends about it that I thought y'all would enjoy it as well:

Hi Dan,

It's Mara, your neighbor from #2. This is probably going to go down as the weirdest email you've gotten in a while, but hang with me till the end of it.
Your cleaners are stealing our flowers and eating them. I laugh as I write that, but it's true.

Two Fridays ago I saw them out in our yard and in Anne's yard picking a bunch of our Sweet Peas that hadn't bloomed yet...the buds. I went out there and asked what/who are they and what are they doing in our yard? They said sorry: they were very sweet and said they make a soup or something out of them??? I said okay but stop taking them because we want them to bloom. They said sorry and it wouldn't happen again.

Then this morning one of them knocked on our door while the other one was picking more from Anne's yard and asked if they could take the rest of them. I came out and they had cleaned out Anne's buds and most of mine were gone as well. I told them no...please stop taking our flowers (this was as the other one kept picking and was ignoring me). She said sorry, the other lady just really liked eating them.

I know it sounds crazy and petty but if you get a chance, can you leave them a note or call them and tell them to not take the buds from Anne's and our yards? We'd appreciate it.
Told you this would go down as the weirdest email/favor ever!! :-)

Hope you're enjoying your summer...I'm going to go plant flowers!! :-)
Mara


p.s.....Dan came to me totally embarrassed and asked if he could pay for the missing flowers. I said no, of course not and he said he would talk to her.

I wonder if the soup is good????

No comments: