Monday, February 4, 2008

Wow...Where Has The Time Gone?

I'm sorry its been almost a week since my last post. I guess all I can say is between keeping the house going, teaching 23 kids, spending time with Maelin, planning an engagement party for Katey and Jeff and all the other things that keep us all so busy every day, I just haven't had time to write.

Please keep checking back: it's great to read the comments from all of you!

Let's see...we've been very busy lately. We are in the midst of planning a party for Katey and Jeff. We're very excited they're getting married and they picked a date! Sept 13 will be their wedding and Maelin might get to be their flower girl! We'll have to see how she's walking by then, but she's still not even crawling, so maybe Maelin can roll down the aisle! :-0

I've had an interesting time at work lately. A position has opened up for next year that would entail someone working 3/4 time instead of full time. Kevin and I have been wrestling with whether or not I should apply for it but we don't think we can afford it. It'd be a pretty big drop in salary for only one more day w/ Maelin. I'm disapointed but the summer is coming up fast so I'm trying to keep my spirits up.

We went to the Super Bowl last night at Christina's house and we had a great time. (yay Giants!) Maelin was super cute but she wasn't too keen on all the yelling that was happening. Although she loved Christina and Eric's dog...she would squeal every time he came close! Here's a picture of Maelin with her football and Uncle Jeff...she was getting ready to throw a touchdown!





Another interesting habit that Miss MaeMae has picked up is that she loves to put her hand down my shirt...it just sits there, she doesn't actually pinch or do anything, but we just hang out w/ her hand down my shirt. Additionaly, she will do this with ANY adult female that is holding her...not just me. It's pretty funny to watch. The little girl doesn't bother with any of the bothersome stuff that guys do...no flowers or handholding or movies or dinner...just straight into the shirt. She does NOT get that from my side of the family! :-)

This week I have to stay late at school on Thursday for Family Night and I'm trying to see if Aunt Kat will come and hang out so Maelin can hang out with me...Aunt Kat, you get free pizza! :-)

Hope you all are doing well...Maelin is almost 10 months old and the plans for her 1 year birthday party are in the works!

1 comment:

Stina said...

It was great having you all over!! Maelin has nice form and a good grip on that football!! :-)