Tuesday, February 26, 2008

Moving?????

So we've got the ball rolling...we're finally getting our house ready to "stage" so we can put it on the market and HOPEFULLY buy something with a bit more space. Kevin and I have spent the last two weekends packing, sorting, throwing away and moving things over to my dad's house for storage while we clean and organize what's left.

Needless to say, this is not as easy as it would have been pre-baby. We usually only have about 2 hours spread throughout the day that we can work because baby is sleeping and we need to be quiet or she's playing or eating and one of us needs to be with her. Although I'm frustrated that this is taking as long as it is, I'm amazed we're able to get anything done with little MaeMae taking up our time!

Our house looks like a bomb went off! Boxes everywhere, papers, stacks of stuff for Goodwill, toys, books, empty furniture waiting to be taken out, etc. The one good thing is that I'm no longer attached to a lot of my stuff. If I haven't used it in a year...it's gone. I'm tired of carting crap around from one place to the next only to have to find a place for it and dust it.

Our goal is to get the house on the market the week of March 17. Even though we live in the one of the only neighborhoods that hasn't been totally affected by the current housing slump, the average time a home is on the market now is 90-120 days. That's 3-4 months of keeping the house perfect in the possibility that someone will want to look at it. Also, what happens on the weekends when someone wants to come see it and MaeMae is taking a nap? Hmmmmmmmm....

Keep your fingers crossed that we get all this done on time and the house breaks records for selling quickly!! I'm starting to get a panic attack! :-0

1 comment:

Stina said...

I'd happily take Maelin out & about for a morning or afternoon so you & Kevin can get some packing done. I remember what a P.I.T.A. is was when we did it without a baby. Maelin and I could go play at eggs and bacon playground or to the children's museum or she could just come over and play at our house for a few hours or wherever! It would be fun!