Friday, February 15, 2008

Nice, Long Weekend

We're coming up on a 3 day weekend!! Yay!! It was my (gulp!) 33rd birthday yesterday and I really had a nice day. My students made me a cake, gave me all sorts of super-tacky gifts and it was all very sweet.

Maelin gave me a very sweet card that thanked me for cleaning up her puke, changing her pants and all the things I do. It had a gift certificate for a deluxe pedicure with it! The girl does things right...

Kevin said he'll either pay for me to go visit Aunt Vanessa in Seattle this spring or to go see My Fair Lady when it comes this spring. Hmmmmmmm...I REALLY want to go to Seattle during my spring break, but it's right before Maelin's first birthday party and I can't imagine sitting on the plane w/ Maelin and trying to keep her quiet and still. Doesn't seem like much fun.

I'll have to think about it. Any thoughts?

Maelin, Kevin and I are finally starting to feel better. Maelin just has a runny nose but she's sleeping through the night again and not coughing as much. She banged her head at daycare yesterday when she was trying to stand up. She has a really sad looking bruise on her forehead...the first of many I think.

My amazing girl friends are taking me to a very nice Italian dinner for my birthday on Saturday night. We're going to Parisi in Highlands. It's authentic Italian so I can pretend I'm back in Rome...then on Sunday, Kevin and I are going to Piatti (my old stomping grounds!) for dinner and Kat and Jeff are going to babysit. Monday we're going to hang out and just relax. Maybe get some shopping done.

I love not working...have a great weekend everyone!

1 comment:

Terri : Bradford Web Designs, LLC said...

Hope you have fun with the girls on Sat and with Kevin on Sun. I am glad to hear you are feeling better... yay to a LONG weekend! Trevor is sick, so ours will be long, LOL!

Happy Birthday, again!