Sunday, July 8, 2007

A View Into Jeff & Kat's Wedding













The wedding is over!! That makes Kat sad, but we had a fantastic time. Here are a few pictures from the wedding. It was beautiful and the weather was amazing and now Kat and Jeff are married!


I had so many comments that my Matron of Honor toast made people cry, so I thought I’d post it for all of you. Maybe you were too drunk to listen to it or maybe you weren’t able to come to the wedding or maybe you were in the bathroom during the toasts. In any case, here it is. Skip over it if you aren’t interested, but there you go. I’ll write more about their wedding when I have more time. We still have some family in town, so we’re having fun with them. Weddings are an amazing time, but very exhausting…

especially with a baby in tow. (by the way, she did fantastic with Grandma Lea the night of the wedding)


Hello everyone! My name is Mara and I’m Matron of Honor. I’m very honored to be part of this special day: not only because the groom is my favorite brother, but because Kat is one of my best friends and now she gets to be my new sister too!


So to be honest, I had a hard time deciding what I was going to say to you all tonight. Should I tell you that I’ve had the pleasure of watching Jeff discover that even with all her crazy quirks (and lets be honest, there’s quite a few of them!), there was no one that could make him laugh like Kat could? Or should I talk about the time that blew me away: Kat watched Jeff be crazy Jeff for just long enough: then she put the smack down on him and he was a better person because of it? Would you all want to hear how Kat has become an integral part of our family: to quote my younger sister, “she just fits?” Should I tell you all how Kat raced to the hospital at 2am when my daughter was born because she was so excited at becoming an Auntie? Maybe I should tell you about the discussions we’ve had that Kat adores my brother because he loves her just as she is and she feels safer with him than she has ever felt in her life?


I’m not sure my trouble in choosing any of those stories are the reason I had a hard time deciding what to say to you all tonight. When I sat down to think about why I was having trouble, it’s because of this: no words can convey how special my mom, my dad, my aunts and uncles, my cousins, my sisters and I think Kat is. No speech would tell you how excited we all are that Jeff has FINALLY! found someone who loves him as much as Kat loves Jeff. No toast would explain how much I love both of them and how excited I am that I have a new sister who loves my brother, my family and my daughter as much as I know Kat does.


So I finally decided to say this: Kat: I’ve watched your relationship with my brother grow since you met at my 30th birthday party to this very special day and I couldn’t be more proud to call you my new sister. Words can’t express how happy I am for you both.


So let’s all raise our glasses and toast to Kat & Jeff: May all your happiness’ be long, may all your sadness' be short, and may you always find yourselves surrounded by your families and friends who love you as much as we all do here today.


Salute!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I was actually too nervous preparing my speech. And a little drunky as well. That was/is a great speech. I had an amazing time and can't wait to see you all again.