Wednesday, July 11, 2007

Maelin is a 3 Month Old Model





So for those of you who know me pretty well, you’ll know that I’m a total picture freak. I looooooooove pictures. I have over 8,000 pictures on our hard drive: and that’s only since 2005 when I got a digital camera. Who knows how many negatives are fading away in my basement!


Anyway, ever since Maelin was born, I’ve wanted to get her portraits done. We were going to get newborn portraits taken, but right at the time that would have been perfect for that, she developed a nasty case of baby acne and I certainly wasn’t going to take her for pictures then! It took about 3 weeks for the acne to go away, and then she wasn’t technically a newborn anymore. A few days ago I was thinking about how she was now 3 months old….PICTURE TIME!! It’s perfect: we can get them done at 3 months, at 6 months, at 9 months and then at 12 months. So it’s time to go get pictures!


Our newly-appointed Auntie Kat came with us today. We went to portrait innovations and had an appointment with Laura who was fabulous with Maelin. I was terrified that Maelin was going to start screaming the minute Laura needed her to smile, but she was a rock star. She put up with the fishes we were waving around to get her to smile, she was on her tummy for longer than she’s ever been, she was covered up by a black sheet in order to get her feet pictures and she giggled and smiled at just the right times. What a star!!


Towards the end of the session, Maelin started to get a little cranky: who could blame the poor kid? So I kept her bink in her mouth until just the time Laura would snap the picture and they turned out great. You can see a few of them above: aren’t they awesome? We had the option of black and whites as well: the digital ones don’t reflect that, but we’ve got some.


So, how much did it cost? That’s the funny part. The reason I went to this place was because they have a $9.95 special: no sitting fees, and about 40 pictures of the pose of your choice! Sounds great, right? What they don’t tell you over the phone is that they take about 65 pictures and about 40 of those are amazing! How do you choose ONE???????? So I didn’t choose just one: between Kat and I, we got about 9 different poses and a bunch of different sizes and tons of black and whites, etc. Needless to say, it didn’t cost $9.95.


The way they get you is this: they have all the gorgeous pictures up on their screen for you to look at and when you get ready to start choosing which ones you don’t want, they say “So you want me to delete this one? You want me to delete this one too???” Yes, they say delete! No! I’m screaming in my head…don’t delete my beautiful baby!!


Call me a sucker, but I’ve got enough pictures of my beautiful baby at 3 months than I know what to do with. Come to think of it…do any of you want any? Cause they sure are taking up a lot of room!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

AHH... I love that third one of her in her stripes...you can really see her face, and eyes well in these shots. I can totally see Kevin in her now. They did a great job. Can't wait for any pictures you want to pass along.
:-)

Stina said...

I'd LOVE one! I have just the perfect frame for a picture of Maelin. Yeah!!

Anonymous said...

Um, yes?!! I want one please. I love the smile... what a cutie!