Monday, June 11, 2007

Our Third Wedding Anniversary


Yesterday was our third wedding anniversary…we had a terrific day. Maelin was in a great mood, our friend Keith brought us a “traditional” third anniversary present of crystal (gorgeous old-fashioned crystal glasses), and Jeff and Kat babysat for us. We went to dinner then had drinks and it was amazing to be out: just the two of us. We remembered that we liked each other after all! Anyway, here is some musings about our wedding three years ago:

*We had our wedding in a little B & B right underneath St. Mary’s Glacier in Idaho Springs. It was at about 12,000 feet. We had no idea how much the altitude would make everyone feel. Some people were bothered by it (my grandma had to be rushed back down the mountain) and others didn’t notice at all.

*There was room for everyone to spend the night up there if they wished. Breakfast was served in the morning…if you could find the innkeeper. She was MIA, so we all made the breakfast ourselves.

*The weather was gorgeous: during the ceremony, a hummingbird hovered over us for a few seconds. Everyone oooohhed and aaahhhed and I thought people were seeing a mountain lion.

*After dinner, the weather abruptly turned and a blizzard roared in. Nothing could faze our party-hearty guests however: they just tromped outside for a picture in the blowing snow and tromped back in.

*Chad and Emily (Best Man and Maid-of-Honor) gave amazing, touching toasts that made me cry. Kevin was just happy they were over so people would stop looking at him.

*It was quite a party. People danced and hung out until 5am.

What I remember most about our wedding was how happy everyone was and how filled with love we all were. It was an incredible day.

4 comments:

Stina said...

Happy Anniversary!! Three years and still very happy! Sleep deprived but happy! Congratulations!!

Anonymous said...

Happy Anniversary!!

bigb said...

Happy/happy!

Nice to know someone's got the inspiration to actually write something regularly. I guess you can find plenty of inspiration with 2 months off and a new baby. Anyway... I've got your blog tracked on my rss reader so I'll know whenever a new post hits. Stay well! -brian

Anonymous said...

Mara,
This is such a great idea. I enjoyed reading it. The pictures are beautiful! I love the one, where you are drinking champagne in Italy!
Great to see you at school. I am doing summer school,tutoring,and working in Victoria Secret! I know, I am nuts! Sorry about slacking in book club,but now my nights may be occupied with VS...life of a teacher! haha Keep in Touch!
-DEB