Thursday, June 7, 2007

What to say in this blog thing

So my first blog post...hmmmmm, I have only ever read my sister's blog, so not quite sure what these are all about. Are we supposed to talk about what we did each day? (Maelin and I met Sherry in my classroom and we packed things away for summer vacation) Are we supposed to talk about who we saw (I got to show Maelin off to my teachers before we left for 2 months), who we talked to (I tried to call the doctor because Maelin has been throwing up and she never does that but the doctor never called back...damn HMO's), what we ate (I made a Weight Watchers black bean enchilada recipe that I got from Emily...it was surprisingly good), what we read (desperately trying to finish Bel Canto by Ann Pachett before book club in a few weeks and I don't think I'll make it), and any amazing thoughts we had? (I think I need to back off and help Kevin to spend more time with Maelin without me around)

My purpose in creating this blog was:
A: To give me something to do while up with baby...I have a hard time falling back to sleep at 3am
B: To keep track of the amazing moments in my daughter's life because I just know I'll forget them
C: To be on the computer and NOT buy anything
D: To keep connected with my friends and family now that I am in baby-imposed-isolation
E: To inform everyone on what teachers and students really go through day-to-day in a society that places high-stakes testing scores above well-rounded student education that will prepare them for life in the real world

So those are the objectives: I have no idea how often I'll write this or how interesting it will be....BUT it will certainly be more entertaining if something you read on here sparks your interest and I am always in the mood for a good old-fashioned debate. So, feel free to leave a comment, a snide remark or an observation about how beautiful Maelin is...at 3am, anything you have to offer is welcome!


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Welcome to the blogging world- SIS! If nothing else, it is a nice way to journal those baby milestones. :-)

zana said...

What a fantastic idea! Have already been chuckling to myself over your 'things they don't tell you'! Looking forward to the next instalment already...cheers up a miserable day in England!