Wednesday, March 12, 2008

OH MY GOSH....You are not going to believe what I just did!!!

Okay, so we're getting our house ready to stage, right? The realtors are coming on Sat (in 2 days) to take pictures so the house has to be ready to go by then.

We installed a digital thermostat a while ago and whoever had the house before us hadn't removed the old one when they painted. So after we installed the new thermostat, there was about a 3 inch perimeter of white around the new one. Kat and I went to Home Depot the other night with a bit of the wall chunked out (of course the old owner didn't leave what color the wall was so we could buy the exact color) to see if they could exactly match it.

There was a crazy lady there who said we hadn't brought a big enough piece of wall so we just got a bunch of samples and laid our piece of wall on it and we thought we found a dead match.

Jeff was over tonight playing with the baby so I pulled out the paint and w/ Kevin's help, we painted around the thermostat and it was a dead ringer exact match!! WOW we're good! So I went around the whole room fixing little spots here and there...around the entire living room (which is huge with tons of windows and crown molding. The room is probably about 20 feet by 10 feet.) I sure am making this house look good for Saturday I thought!!

I went to get Maelin ready for bed and came back out about 15 minutes later and OH MY GOSH...the color is too dark!!! So now, around the entire living room are little blotches of the wrong color here and there! It looks like a kid finger-painted in here!!!! I'm going to have to friggn' repaint the ENTIRE room before Saturday!!!

Can you believe what a dumb $#$@$ I was to not check one spot first?????

So I'm going to try to bust out a big piece of wall tomorrow and take that to Home Depot and see if they can match it and then go over my lovely handiwork. Please keep your fingers crossed that it works or you-know-who will be pulling an all-nighter on Friday night...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Oh man, that bites! I probably would have done the same thing. I hope you can get a match.