Sunday, March 30, 2008

Having Your House on the Market Blows

So our house finally was listed on Thursday, right? We had 3 showings on Thursday where Maelin and I couldn't come home from work right away. Luckily we live near a Wild Oats so we went over there and just walked around looking at stuff.

Friday we had 3 showings but they were here while we were at work, so that was no big deal. However, you need to remember that Maelin hasn't been sleeping great lately so we've been exhausted and the last thing we want to do at night is clean up.

Saturday we had to leave for the whole day. We had 6 showings scheduled so we just took Maelin and all her crap over to Jeff and Kat's and hung out w/ them all day. We had a great time: we took Maelin to the park where she went down the curly slide all by herself and we took naps in their 2nd bedroom and Maelin got to crawl all over their apartment because they have carpet!

Got home last night and had a message that someone was coming Sunday (today) from 5-7pm. That's no biggie, I thought. I can spend Sunday cleaning and doing laundry and then we can go get dinner and get out of the house.

Wrong. Just got called and 2 people are on their way. They should be here between 11-1pm. So now I have to quickly hide all my laundry, I haven't showered yet but there's no time so I quickly laid Maelin down for a nap, Kevin is showering and I'm cleaning and we're going to take off again.

Maybe I can get a shower in between Maelin's 2nd nap and the other showing....wait, I told Christina I'd help her paint today!!

Having your house on the market blows.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

That doesn' sound fun at all. I am such a home body, when I want to be home, I want to be home. At least Jeff and Kat are nearby and you can crash there.

Just think that every showing though, increases your chance of an offer, and then a sale.

And, at least you HAVE showings. I know of people whose homes have been for sale for 6 months+ and they have had like 2 showings-total.

Hang in there.

Heather
www.amamasblog.com

Stina said...

There is nothing fun about having your house on the market! Heather's right though!! The more showings you have (all though a huge pain in the ass) the closer you are to a quick sale!! (((Fingers crossed)))

Thank you again for helping with painting! It was a big help!!