Friday, August 10, 2007

It's 3am and I'm Up

Maelin is up so I'm up. She got her shots today and has been running a fever (why do we say "running a fever?" We don't say she's "running a hang-over" or he's "running a cough?") so she's a bit out-of-sorts. Lately she's been taking to waking up to eat around 2 and not wanting to go back to sleep. So we've been playing the "lay-baby-down-and-listen-to-her-fuss" game. I'm not very good at it. So far, Maelin is winning.

I'm pretty exhausted. What the heck am I going to do when I go back to work? I think we're going to try some sort of cry-it-out thing after her fever goes away, because this is ridiculous. I've been up now for 2 hours.

I was just thinking (oh, the things that pop into your head at 3am!) that I'm the only one I know that's up and awake (except for Gizmo of course). Then I remembered: Zana and Martin (they live in England) are up! Kris is up! (Germany) Katy is up! (Rome) Now I feel less lonely, but as I can't call them because my cell phone doesn't dial Europe, I guess I'll go talk to Gizmo.

Darn it....he doesn't want to talk, he just wants food. I guess what goes around, comes around, huh Giz?

No comments: