Sunday, August 19, 2007

Baby's Got A Cold...It's Going To Be A Long Night

Maelin has been a bit fussy all weekend: we chalked it up to her adjusting to the new daycare schedule. Yesterday, I noticed she was really stuffy and I had to start sucking the snot out of her nose.

Today, she's been a little bear. One minute she's precious: smiling, laughing, eating her hands, etc. The next minute, she's sceaming and arching her back. Her nose is even worse today: I can hear her sucking up all this snot in her nose and I can't get it out. It's up there way too far.

We put her to bed at 9:30pm and she was up again at 10:30pm crying. We think it's because the poor thing can't breathe. We sucked out as much snot as we could get (which she loves...) but we can still hear and see it up there. We put her back down and I can hear her in there breathing really loudly.

We propped up her head a bit, that's about all we can do: unless I sleep sitting up in the chair with her all night. Why the heck didn't she get her first cold before I went back to work????

It's going to be a long night with baby...

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

It always seems like they get sick or have a bad night at the worse times...do you have a humidifer? I know that always helps with the breathing. Hope you get some sleep.

Don't knack sleeping in the chair w/ her...at least it is *some* sleep for you. :-)

Stina said...

I guess her first cold had to happen at some point...

The salty beach air and salt water are great for stuffy noses. Since Colorado is land-locked, maybe try putting some salt in the humidifier or get some baby approved salt water nasal spray. Just a thought...

Hope Maelin starts feeling better and you get more sleep tonight!

Anonymous said...

Ahhh... hope she feels better. I still us "stuffy noses" saline nose spray for Bailey. It has no drugs and works wonders. I used to give him a bath when he wasn't feeling well to open him up a little and they used to have J&J "soothing baby wash" (it was in a green bottle) and that saved us most nights.

Anonymous said...

BTW... don't you LOVE all the helping comments and advice?! I will try not to be overbearing. Heehee.