Monday, April 14, 2008

Bad Blogger!



So I realized why I've been such a bad blogger lately...I can never do it! At work, I can't post anything because I'm busy...well, working! At home, I can't post anything because I'm busy playing with baby or we've been kicked out of the house so lookie-loos can come look at it and then not make an offer.

So, I apologize to all the Maelin fans (I don't kid myself...I know the reasons you all come here is to see pics of baby Maelin. She's much more interesting than I am) who have been checking in to see how the baby is doing.

I just don't have time!! We were able to be at home about 3 hours this ENTIRE weekend. We were kicked out on Saturday from 12-6pm and then yesterday from 11-5:30pm. Any offers yet...nope! We've had 2 couples who keep coming by (they've come by 3 times now...what's to see on the third time they haven't seen yet is beyond me. Our house isn't that big!) and their realtor says they are close to making a decision.

Great....I'm glad you're close but we have a baby and it's REALLY hard to keep the house perfect and then find a place for baby to play and nap while you're lookie-looing at our house for the 3rd time!!

Anyway, it's going pretty well. We've had about 24 showings since it was listed and our realtor says that in Wash Park the average showings before an offer is about 27 so we're almost there. I only have 4 weeks left of work!!!!!!!! Yay!!!! Then I get to hang out w/ baby Maelin every day. I'm so excited...

I've been working on her first birthday post...haven't had time (or computer access since we're never home anymore) to finish it so I'll get that up as soon as I can. Baby is totally adorable lately. She's figured out how to walk by herself...pushing her little lion-push-thing and she's pretty proud of herself.

She's got more hair and 3 teeth and we go for her 1 year checkup/shots on Thursday. I promise I'll do my best to get pics and her first birthday post up as soon as I can. Keep checking back!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I remember reading once in a buyer's market it was actually recommended that you do go back to a property 2 or 3 times. The first time, obviously you just scout it out. The second time you need to spend more time in each room, trying to ignore the furniture and stuff that is in there, and try to visualize your stuff in each room, and where you would put your furniture, etc.

We have tried to do this, and it does help. The first visit you usually don't really focus on where all your stuff would be, but on the 2nd and 3rd visits, you feel like you know the set up of the house, and can decide for sure if the place really is for you. We have gotten really excited about some places before, but after going back, and doing this, we realized it just wasn't quite right. On one place (that sold) we realized it was a place we wanted to live, so each visit can help you become more confident.

In a seller's market you don't have time to do this- properties are gone too fast. But these people may be just really making sure before they decide anything, and sounds like they are getting close. They may just be taking advantage of having the luxury of double and triple checking out a place. :-)

You'll have that luxury too, when it is time to make an offer on a place. :-)