Wednesday, January 2, 2008

New Year's Fun

I was able to go out for New Years! It was sooooo nice to be out again. Kevin graciously offered to babysit for Maelin so I could have dinner with Emily, Katey and Emily's mom Cathye at a great resturant, Prima in the Hotel Teatro downtown. (actually, it works out really well because Kevin doesn't really like to go out anyway, so it makes him happy that I get to go out and he gets to stay home)

We had a great time at dinner. Katey is newly engaged and we had fun talking about weddings and the like. Katey is my last really good friend to get married, so we'll have fun planning...AND she said MaeMae could be the flower girl if she's walking well by the time the wedding rolls around! We'll have to wait and see on that one...

Prima was amazing. Emily's husband works there and so we had an "in" which is always nice. We had champagne to toast the New Year and Kately's new ring and we had some wine with dinner and appetizers, amazing pastas and all sorts of yummy stuff.

The best part was when the bill came...normally for a fancy dinner the bill is the worst part of the experience but they had compd the whole meal! We figured it was about $260 for all four of us and they said it was free! Happy New Year to us!

Since we were right downtown, we walked one block over to see the fireworks on the mall. They were pretty and loud but it was so COLD! Plus, I'm used to seeing Disneyland fireworks so it's pretty hard for our city to match that...



We had a great time out and I had so much fun being with my friends again: all dressed up and celebrating. It was like old times and Maelin slept the whole time I was gone. You can't ask for a better New Year than that!

1 comment:

Ann said...

How fun!!! I'm actually jealous, we weren't downtown this year so I didn't get to see the fireworks (as dismal as they are). :(