Monday, January 7, 2008

Here We Go Again...

My wonderful 2-week vacation with Maelin is offically over. She's still sleeping, poor thing, and I have to go in there in 3 minutes to wake her up, feed her, get her dressed and packed up and shuttle her off to daycare.

I made her some eggs, cheese and fruit yesterday to eat at Sandra's. It made me feel a tiny bit better: even though I wasn't going to get to be with her, she'd still be able to have her favorite foods. She loves to feed herself, so she should have a pretty good time today.

My heart is breaking all over again. This time off was like a huge tease: "See how wonderful it is to stay at home with your baby?" I totally loved being the one Maelin wanted and knowing exactly what went on with her every day. Now we're back to her crying because she wants Sandra and I only get her for 3 hours every day.

The worst part about the whole thing is how disconnected Maelin and I get after I've been working for a while. Two days on the weekend is just not enough time to reconnect after being apart for so long. I remember thinking before my break that I didn't really know my baby anymore...

Now I know her again and I'm so amazed that Kevin and I are so incredibly lucky to be the parents of such a friendly, funny, smart, entertaining, loving and adorable baby girl. She is so sweet and wonderful. She lights up the world.

I better go in there and wake her up and explain to her that here we go again. I just hope she understands how much this kills me and how much I wish I could stay home with her. Keep your fingers crossed that she doesn't cry again when I come to get her this afternoon...

1 comment:

Stina said...

Hang in there.... summer is just around the corner!!!