Monday, January 7, 2008

Back at Work

I'm back at work and it's okay. The great thing about teaching is that you are so darn busy throughout your day that you don't really have time to think. That's also a bad thing, but it's great when you're sad about something and you need a distraction.

Maelin was so cute this morning: she got up and and ate and was squealing and kicking and was excited to get into the car...where are we going? We thought she wondered where she was going...we got to Sandra's and Maelin grinned at me until Sandra opened the door. Sandra was thrilled to see Maelin, but Maelin just stared at her...who are you? I don't remember you! It took a few minutes, but then MaeMae went to her and was grinning again.

I started crying, so I quickly left. I cried all the way to work...

Anyway, now I'm here and I'm actually a bit excited about the coming semester. I don't have my wonderful student teacher, but I have fresh ideas and my kids hopefully will be ready to try some new things with me. I'm going to introduce a few new things: including webbooks and online movies and stories that they can watch and create. We'll see how that goes.

So I tried to upload a pic of my fabulous student teacher Ann, but I'm here at work and it's not working so I'll try to add it when I get home... She worked so hard FOR FREE and she totally saved my sanity on my very hard and rocky adjustment back to work. She even came in today for a bit to clean up the teacher's lounge for us! We are going to her graduation party on Saturday, so Maelin will be able to thank her in person for all she did.

To all of you who called or emailed me today to see how I am, thanks for the kind thoughts. Maelin and I will be okay...I'm just sad that I don't get to spend every waking moment with my daughter as she grows. But maybe that's not such a bad thing...we'll have to wait and see.

No comments: