Friday, January 25, 2008

Auntie Vanessa is here and other happenings...

Maelin's Aunt Vanessa is in town from Seattle and we're so excited to have her! She got in LATE last night and is babysitting today so they should have a good ole' time hanging out together. Maelin can show her all her new tricks. I know Vanessa misses everyone being so far away so we're very grateful to Papa Dan for paying for her ticket!

Not sure what we're going to be doing this weekend. Vanessa was supposed to stay with Heather and the boys last night and tonight but they got really sick and Heather very graciously (but sadly) told Vanessa it would be better if she didn't come up there. That's a bummer. We are having a Mexican Night at Papa Dan's tomorrow and Heather isn't even sure they are going to be able to come to that...which is sad because I love seeing the boys and I haven't been able to see them much lately because I've been so busy at work.

Grandma Mimi is also in town from Michigan and she hasn't seen Maelin since July, so that will be fun for her to see how much she's grown. She's coming to Mexican Night so I'm so happy that Maelin is getting over her cold and wasn't poisoned! :-)

I think I may try to get us all to go to a Champagne Brunch on Sunday...hopefully Heather will be feeling better by then. Until then, I'm so excited to have my hip little sister here! I didn't get to see her much yet but I will soon!

Maelin and I have a Gymboree class scheduled for tomorrow morning...I thought Vanessa would be w/ Heather when I planned it but Vanessa can just come along if she wants to. I'm really looking forward to it...if I remember right from my nanny days, they put the babies in the middle and sing songs and blow bubbles and give them scarves and things to play with. Our friends Missy and her 10 month old daughter Peyton are coming along too...Maelin is getting playdates! Her social calendar is filling up quicker than mine!

Hope you all have a fantastic weekend...Maelin says "bababababaaaaaaa" to you all!

No comments: