Saturday, December 22, 2007

Hectic Chrismas Happenings

I've been trying to post more, but between getting everything ready at work for the holiday break (thank god!!), finishing up xmas shopping, cleaning the house for my mom's arrival, wrapping presents, writing thank you and xmas cards, laundry, etc...well, I just haven't gotten to it much this week. I'm sure you understand. (oh, and I forgot to mention that MaeMae has another cold...)

Let's see...I probably won't have much time to post in the coming days either. Yesterday was my last day of work for a while!! My vacation is officially called "Sixteen Whole Days With Maelin." It's very exciting. Yesterday was also Ann's (my student teacher) last day. We had fun, but it was also sad. I think I'll be more sad on the first day the kids come back and it's just me in there by myself again. I have some great pictures of her last day and our party with the kids, but I have to wait for Ann to email them to me. I'll post them as soon as I get them.

My mom is coming for xmas today! She's coming in tonight and staying till Xmas night. I'm very excited to have her her but it's always a bit awkward when we have people stay with us because they have to sleep in Maelin's room and I always feel bad when she wakes up or I have to change her diaper because although I'm used to getting up at 6am on a Sunday morning, I know that the rest of the world is not...

However, it's going to be very nice to have Nana here. I can finish laundry and wrapping and she can play with the baby.

So if I don't have a chance to post much in the next few days, I hope all of you have a magical Christmas with your family and friends. Miss MaeMae says she hopes you celebrate responsibily like she is in this picture...

Merry Christmas!

No comments: