Saturday, December 1, 2007

Christmas is Coming!


We spent some of the day getting our mini Christmas Tree set up. As our house is only 988 sq feet, a large tree just wouldn't work, so we have a fake 3 foot one that I set up on top of a corner table. It works for the time being. Another benefit is that it's up off the floor so Miss MaeMae can't grab anything off of it.

I'm so excited for her first Christmas. I know she's not really going to understand anything that's going on, but I'm looking forward to it just the same. We've already bought her her main present: we got her a toybox. We knew that it didn't really matter what we got her this year, since she'd be happy to roll around on a roll of wrapping paper, so we got her something that she needs that we wouldn't necessarily get her at any other time of year.

I found a great one online: here's the link to it if you're curious (or bored). We got it in the cherry color. I'm very proud to say I bought it on "Cyber Monday" on the Monday after Thanksgiving, so we also got free shipping on it AND it was on sale for $114 which is quite a bargain. It should be here sometime next week and Daddy will have a great time putting it together!

Anyway, Maelin was very interested in her first Christmas Tree. She kept putting her fist in her mouth and squealing so we brought her up close to look at it and boy, did she want to put that tree in her mouth! Because it's so little, she could have easily pulled it right off the table, so we kept her at a distance, but she sure loved it!

I also got her her very own Christmas stocking with her name on it! It's adorable: it's red and white checked from Pottery Barn Kids with an angel and it's bigger than Maelin is! I'm going to try to see if Maelin can actually fit inside it and if that works, I'll post a picture of that too...

I think one of the reasons I'm so excited for this Christmas is because we didn't celebrate any holidays when I was a kid so this is a first for me too. I'm so looking forward to creating traditions with my family that I never had: what a wonderful time of year!

2 comments:

Terri : Bradford Web Designs, LLC said...

Yay! Baby's first Christmas... what a wonderful time for you guys! Lots of great traditions that you can create just for your own family. I love this time of year! So happy you are celebrating now and enjoying decorating. You have to try that photo with the stocking... that would be SO priceless!

Stina said...

If you want help capturing the picture of Maelin in her new stocking.... let me know! Sounds like a really cute shot!!