Tuesday, December 18, 2007

Crazy Christmas Time

I have some adorable pics of Miss Maelin to post here for you, but I haven't had a chance to get them off of my camera yet. As soon as I do that...

Christmas time is busy for everyone, but it's totally crazy when you have a baby who needs to stay on some sort of a consistent schedule. I'm trying so hard to get everything done but it's just impossible!

I had a bday party on Sat night that was really fun...we went to a Belgium Brewery and it was just like being back in Brugges! Maelin came and we had so much fun. She was just a little star: she was being passed around to everyone and was in such a good mood. Uncle Jeff bought Kevin and I one more beer so we would stay a bit longer so we didn't get home until after 9 which is past Maelin's bedtime. I had a cookie party the next day, so I stayed up late baking and then got up early to finish.

The cookie party was a success: it was great to see all my friends and our cookies were so yummy! My sister took a lot of time making gorgeous Martha Stewart Gingerbread Snowflakes and they were sooooo pretty. Maelin came to the party for a while: she had a great time eating the sprinkles!

I stayed up late last night (till midnight...a weeknight no less!) wrapping some presents. This is the latest I've ever gotten that done. I'm usually so on top of Christmas. I love to wrap presents and I used to try to make them so pretty, with elaborate bows and ribbons. This year, you'll be lucky to get a wrapped present at all from me! I think I'll start doing gift bags....

Christmas is such a fun time of year but throw a baby into the mix and it completely changes your priorities. I guess that's going to be true of everything now!

1 comment:

Terri : Bradford Web Designs, LLC said...

Got the CUTE Christmas card... thanks! Getting mine out late (I have been sick)... the cookie party sounds like it was fun! Hope you are enjoying the holidays with family and friends (sounds like it!). ((HUGS))