Saturday, June 20, 2009

Our Little Artist


Finally got around to taking Maelin back to the Children's Museum this past week. Heather is at my dad's house resting and Mae and I went to go play for a bit. Although we've been going to the Children's Museum since Mae was about 9 months old, this was the first time I thought she was ready to explore her inner artist.

She LOVED painting. One of my best friends Emily is an artist AND she has the same birthday as Maelin, so we've always been looking for similarities to Emily as she grows. How much she loved to paint is a pretty big one that we thought was great. I took this painting home and framed it. It's in our room now and every time Mae sees it, she says, "Mae painting?" and is super proud.

I love summer and how much time it gives me to get to know my little girl again. She's so much fun and awesome company!

No comments: