Sunday, May 24, 2009

Mama is Not "Otay"

I've got pneumonia again. Yup. Last time it hit me when I was totally run-down and stressed out and exhausted. It's like a bad memory: hits you when you're most vulnerable to it. Click here for a recap of the last time I was down with this...

This time is harder than last time though. Last time I didn't have a rambunctious 2 year old hanging on me that demands you keep up with her. Last time wasn't the end of the school year where I just can't take a day off because of all the stuff I still have to do. This time I just can't seem to feel better. All I do is lay on the couch and cough, move to the bed and cough, move to the chair and cough and doze. It's awful. In the meantime, I can't breathe. My lips are purple and I'm coughing violently every 20 minutes or so. My whole body is sore from the coughing and I just can't seem to shake it.

Good thing it's a 3 day weekend and I don't have to go back to work till Tuesday. However, with the way this is looking, I'll be surprised if I make it back to work next week at all. I feel that awful.

One bright spot: Maelin has not caught this yet. She's just as healthy and crazy as ever. However, she started imitating my coughing today. She says, "Mama coughin" and then goes, "ack ack". No sweetie: don't imitate sick Mama. That makes me sad...

No comments: