Friday, May 22, 2009

Wow...Almost Forgot I Even Had A Blog

10 days since my last post. I blame the following:

1) Have crazy awful cold that sent me to Urgent Care last week and will possibly land me in the ER tonight. I've been coughing like crazy: violent coughs that aren't getting better and come about every 10 minutes. I even had to pull over on I-25 yesterday on my way to work because I was afraid I was going to crash us. Maelin was in the back saying to me, "Mama otay?" over and over. Haven't slept more than 1 hour at a time since Saturday night.

2) Crazy busy time at work. Have two field trips, Literacy Plans due, reading tests, math tests, computer and language tests, writing tests, report cards, committee meeting after committee meeting. Typical end-of-the-year craziness. This is what is preventing me from taking a day off to rest from this vicious, horrible cough.

3) We've been trying to get the yard up and going for Maelin. We spent last weekend weeding, planting flowers, and generally cleaning up after the years of neglect from the former owners. They didn't do a darn thing for years so we have a pretty good battle ahead of us to get the yard the way we want it. However...we still have a killer view of both downtown and the mountains from our backyard, so I'm not complaining.

4) Auntie Vanessa is coming into town this weekend for a quick visit! She's really coming to see her friends (they bought her ticket) so we won't get to spend a whole lot of time with her but that's ok. She's planning on coming back in June, so we'll see her again soon.

So for those of you who are wanting your Maelin fix: I have a 3-day weekend coming up so I should have some time to post the latest pictures of her. Gotta warn you though: she's super cute lately, so there may be quite a few of them!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

the more mae pictures the better :)
-Kat

Stina said...

Don't forget to blame facebook!