Friday, May 9, 2008

Our First Real Offer

Okay, what to do?

We had another offer on the house last week...$217,000 which is even less than the first offer we had! We countered at $233,900 and they went up to $223,000 which is almost laughable. Our realtor told them to get in the same game as us and then call us back.

Today the first girl made another offer...originally she had offered $223,000 and then we didn't hear from her again but today she has resurfaced. I guess she decided she really liked our house and neighborhood and wanted to pay to live here.

She offered $233,900. We'd close on June 27th.

That means Kevin and I would have till June 27th to find a place, settle on that one and move. Sounds great, right?

We are still working out our mortgage so we aren't quite ready to move yet. Also, what happens if we can't find a place we like in time? One of Kevin's friends has a huge place down south (really south) and he's very kindly offered to let the three of us crash there if we need more time.

I think we're going to accept her offer and get the ball rolling on this but we're terrified. Change is always scary and there's so many unknowns here...we aren't even sure yet what neighborhoods we like!

I'll keep you posted...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm so glad you are doing this blog, for teachers, and for Maelin. I'm going to pass it on to teachers at my school. You are really honest about school, and I appreciate that.

Terri : Bradford Web Designs, LLC said...

Yay for you guys!! That is wonderful that you finally sold it. Good luck!

HAPPY MOTHER'S DAY!