Tuesday, May 20, 2008

I'm back...and with lots of news!

We're pregnant!!


Just kidding....that's actually probably the ONLY thing that isn't going to change soon.
I just got back from 2 days in Disneyland with my mom. It was a great time...a bit hot, but Disneyland is always fun and I'm so glad I got to spend so much time w/ my mom since she lives in Minnesota and I don't get to see her as much as I'd like to. Kevin stayed with baby Maelin and they had a good time without Mommy around! It was fun.

We have sold our house and we have found one we like and have made an offer on it and our offer was accepted!! Crazy. We close on our house on June 25 and we close on the new house on the 25th and move on the 26th. We had the appraisal of our house today so we have to wait and see how that went and we already had the inspection so we're almost done w/ our house...

We're still waiting for our stuff to be finished before we start all the inspections and things on the new house so I don't know for sure if we're actually going to get it or not. I'm very excited but a bit sad to leave Denver.

We decided to go for it and be officially middle-aged: we are leaving the hip, urban city and heading to the suburbs. We'll be in Lakewood: specifically Green Mountain which is 15 minutes west of the city right where the mountains start. Our neighborhood has great schools and is very hilly and pretty. Our new house has about 1850 sq feet (opposed to 988 now), has a garage, a huge climbing maple tree, a front porch, a covered back patio, a storage shed, a finished basement with an awesome laundry room, a dining room, 4 bedrooms and 2 baths, updated kitchen and bathrooms, a swamp cooler, a fireplace and hardwood floors. We are VERY excited. All this for less than $200,000.

It's so amazingly stressful right now...so many things have to fall into place for us to move on time and not be homeless but I'm keeping the faith that it's time for us to get MaeMae her own playroom (basement) and backyard. There is a little work we want to do eventually (change the kitchen cosmetically...it's not my taste but it's fine for now and knock down 2 weird walls in the basement) but it's totally pretty and livable as-is.

Keep your fingers crossed...we're crazy busy right now and now we really need to start packing!!

2 comments:

Ann said...

Didn't we just talk about how funny it would be if you played a joke saying you were pregnant? And you still got me! :)

Stina said...

I f@&$ing swallowed my gum!! That was good!