Wednesday, November 7, 2007

Maelin's New Friends




I'd post a picture of her friends at daycare, but I don't have one yet. However, it turns out that Maelin is a HUGE fan of fat, gray and not-so-smart kitties. Good thing we have one because she loves him! Her head turns the minute she hears him running or when he jumps up on the couch she immediately tries to grab him and eat his fur.

He loves her too. He'll follow her around and the other day I caught him licking the top of her hair as I held her. I'm glad she has such a sweet animal to grow up with.

Maelin's other new friend is her dolphin that Christina brought her from SeaWorld. When you push his fipper, he makes dolphin noises and shakes and she just thinks he's great. Her other friend was a chicken that clucked the "Old McDonald" song and we overused that a bit on her so we're resting him till later. We think chicken can come back around xmas and he'll be as good as new.

It is so much fun to watch this little person discover her world and the things in it. It's totally amazing.

3 comments:

Dobbo-422 said...

Mara
It looks like you've got my poor old Gizza around the throat.......I hope this is not the case.......I will have to come rescue him soon.........love always

Martin

Ms. Mara Kimling said...

I do indeed have Giz by the throat: he's too dumb to look at the camera for the picture!!

If you come rescue him, teach him to smile, will ya?

:-)

Stina said...

I'm so glad she enjoys playing with her dolphin!! Her aunt Christina, the Florida girl, loves dolphins too!! :-))