Tuesday, November 13, 2007

I've Never...

My younger sister Vanessa was out to visit this past weekend and I'm not sad to say she is way more hip than me. She's only 4 years younger but she feels to me like a fabulously single hipster! She has some crazy Puma boots that she wears over her jeans and they look horrid to me but she insists they're in style and and really cool. I don't get it.

She has tons of great jewelry, lots of belts and things she wears and she has been to 3 concerts in the last 2 weeks. It makes me tired just writing about it, let alone living that life!

Anyway, it got me thinking about how old I'm feeling lately. I know 7 months of sleep deprivation coupled with a full time job would make anyone feel old, but hanging out w/ my hipster sis really got me thinking about the things I've never done. Here is a short, limited list of some things I've never done (and might not necessarily want to do...)

I've Never been to 3 concerts in one week.

I've never been to New York or San Francisco.

I've never been to the Opera.

I've never owned my own house. (a real-stand-alone-not-connected-to-anything house)

I've never been further west than Hawaii.

I've never been to a Frat Party.

I've never even been to a real college party.

I've never volunteered at an animal or homeless shelter.

I've never had an eye exam.

I've never been to a prom...someone else's or my own.

I've never been without a cat.

I've never seen a horror movie without having nightmares.

I've never been arrested.

I've never
been in a car accident.

I've never been in the hospital due to sickness.

I've never
had someone really close to me pass away.

I'm sure there's tons more things I could mention, but those are just a few. Looking them over there's a couple I'd really like to get working on...maybe the arrested one!

3 comments:

Stina said...

"I've never" is a drinking game often played at frat or college parties, so your half way there!

I’m sitting here thinking about your list and although I've done a good number of the things on your list, we all have our "I've never” lists. Here's a short list of some things I've never done...

I've never been to Italy!

I've never owned an expensive car.

I've never lived directly on the beach. (Close but not directly.)

I've never lived in a college dorm room or experienced the whole college thing.

I’ve never joined a sorority. Never really wanted to, but still…

I've never lived in a loft in the heart of a major downtown city.

I’ve never swung on a trapeze.

I’ve never been to a talk show like Oprah, Ellen, Dave Letterman, Jay Leno, etc.

I’ve never learned sign language.

I’ve never learned how to play the piano and I’ve ALWAYS wanted to know how to.

I've never spent the summer in Europe teaching children and having the time of my life.

I've never had a BIG ole family that gets along so well and reunites yearly or as often as they can.

I’ve never had a beautiful baby or known what’s it’s like to be a wonderful mom.

The list could go on...

By the way, count me in for trips to New York and San Francisco!! I've been to both and would leap head first on a plane to go again!

Ann said...

Three words: Knock. On. Wood. :)

Terri : Bradford Web Designs, LLC said...

Um... never had an eye exam? Why?! You should get one. ;)

Don't feel too old now, because when your kid is 10 you'll feel it in your bones... my hair is about 20% gray now. I can't imagine the next few years how much things will change around here.

Love your list. I haven't done a lot, but I feel like I have some days! That would be a great scrapbook page or journal. Hope you are doing well!