Monday, November 19, 2007

Good-Bye Beau Dog

Our good friends Steve, Sherry, Hannah and Jacob lost a member of their family on Friday. Their German Shepard, Beau, passed away. I'm not sure how old he was (I've known him for over 11 years), but I'll always remember him as a huge dog (sometimes he didn't even know how big he was...he once knocked me over when I walked in the house because he was trying to say hello!) who had an equally huge heart. He was the sweetest guy ever and he will be missed by many people; not just S,S,H & J.

I've had to say good-bye to many beloved pets and I know how horrible and hard it is. They're members of the family and they leave behind huge holes. Maelin, Kevin and I wanted to send out a poem that was sent to me after I had to put my sweet little kitty Chloe to sleep a few years ago in honor of the many pets we've all had over the years who are waiting patiently to see us again.

We'll miss you Beau!

Rainbow Bridge
Just this side of heaven is a place called Rainbow Bridge.

When an animal dies that has been especially close to someone here, that pet goes to Rainbow Bridge.
There are meadows and hills for all of our special friends so they can run and play together.
There is plenty of food, water and sunshine, and our friends are warm and comfortable.

All the animals who had been ill and old are restored to health and vigor; those who were hurt or maimed are made whole and strong again, just as we remember them in our dreams of days and times gone by.
The animals are happy and content, except for one small thing; they each miss someone very special to them, who had to be left behind.

They all run and play together, but the day comes when one suddenly stops and looks into the distance. His bright eyes are intent; His eager body quivers. Suddenly he begins to run from the group, flying over the green grass, his legs carrying him faster and faster.

You have been spotted, and when you and your special friend finally meet, you cling together in joyous reunion, never to be parted again. The happy kisses rain upon your face; your hands again caress the beloved head, and you look once more into the trusting eyes of your pet, so long gone from your life but never absent from your heart.

Then you cross Rainbow Bridge together....

Author unknown...

1 comment:

Stina said...

That's so sad! I’m so sorry to hear that!
Of all the animal family members loved by friends or family members of ours, Beau was probably one of my very favorite dogs. I've spoken of him often and fondly. He was a sweet boy and I know they'll miss him dearly.

We also got sad news from Kurt and Holly, my brother and sister in law. They lost their loved dog, Ranger, to cancer last Thursday.

Beau was an "only dog child" as was Ranger. So, maybe now they're new buddies and can romp around and frolic together free of any ailments as they watch over their human families who loved them so much. Sweet dreams boys.