Tuesday, August 12, 2008

End of Summer Vacation

I'm trying not to be too sad about it but it's finally here: the end of my fabulous summer with baby Maelin. I've been off of work since May 17 and we've had an amazing time and school officially starts for teachers on Friday. Here's a quick recap of everything we've done this summer:


Visited the Zoo


Gone Swimming


Moved (this is baby Maelin exploring our new house)


Played at the food at the Mall


Gone to the Park


Played at the Children's Museum


Visited Auntie Ness in Seattle


Saw the Pacific Ocean


Rode a Carousel


Gone to the Library


Ate Ice Cream


Learned to Walk


Browsed Art at the Cherry Creek Arts Festival


Had fun playing when Nana visited


Took lots of Good Naps with Mommy

Is it any wonder that I'm sad about going back to work? Soon the lazy days of summer will be over...it'll be back to getting up early and rushing out of the house. Weekends will be spent cleaning, shopping, errands and all the stuff that I can't do during the week.

I'm trying to stay positive about the situation because it's out of my control. Maelin loves Sandra and has a great time over there. We're bringing lots of toys and books for her to use up there and she loves playing with the other kids. She'll also be learning Spanish which is a life-long skill. It's good for her to realize there are other people in the world besides me who love her and who can care for her.

I'm also looking forward to going back to work and getting back on a routine and using my professional knowledge (that I paid dearly for) to help kids learn and grow. I'm really lucky to have a job that I'm good at that I feel rewarded in and gives me so much time off.

I'll just miss the carousel and the zoo and the park and the naps and my sweet little girl who is growing up so darn fast...and from now until next June, I'll be missing a lot of it.

p.s... Sorry about the labels for some of the pictures...I know they're hard to read but I want to go watch Michael Phelps win another gold medal so I don't have time to fix it! :-)

1 comment:

Ann said...

She learned to walk? How awesome!!! I bet she's kept you busy lately!

I start Friday too...and I almost don't want to either because I'm starting to panic. Did you get that "Holy-crap-I'm-about-to-be-a-real-freaking-teacher" feeling before your first year, too?