Thursday, December 22, 2011

Thank You...Just Thank You


So, in 2007, I thought I'd write an email asking all of you to help me fulfill some of my kiddo's Christmas wishes. I thought if I got enough to buy each kid a book, I'd be doing an amazing amount of good. You surprised me though: I got an amazing response from all over the country. I was able to get each of my kids a gift that year.

So, in 2008, I tried again. And again...you responded in force. Not only did you send an unprecedented amount of gifts, money, and toys, but Sgt. Walker from the Air Force picked up my email and came with gifts for my class.

So, in 2009, I tried again. That year: we were able to give the ENTIRE 2nd grade (all 100+ kids) gifts. It's been that way ever since. This year: Merino High School also came with money, books, and donations for our ENTIRE SCHOOL. Never underestimate your power: I am living proof that I had a "dream" that my little 2nd graders would get 1 or 2 Christmas gifts and it blew up into something that I had never imagined. Celebrities tweeted about it and sent amazing gifts. People from all over the world (I had gift cards arrive from Holland, Germany, and Italy) sent books, school supplies, money, and the Air Force came like never before. All of you: my family and friends; sent your clothes, you held fund raisers, your children sent their birthday cards, children made ornaments and sold them to buy my kids gifts, offices gave of their time to come visit and bring the kids socks and flash cards, and too many other generous and wondrous gifts to count.

Please click here for a link to the main gift drive. Then click here for a link to the Air Force taking all of their (and YOUR) donations to Bryan's house (little boy in my class who is suffering from a brain tumor) on a day that I had a tragedy prevent me from going. That is a little boy whose last Christmas will be the most joyous he has ever known. Because of all of you.

Thank you, from the bottom of my heart. These children will never be the same. And neither will I.

No comments: