Sunday, July 19, 2009

Off We Go!


Kevin, Maelin and I are off to San Diego for our first ever family vacation. We are planning on taking Mae to the beach, the zoo and we figured we'd take her downtown to see what a new city looks like. She's such a good traveler: I've taken her to Traverse City, MI, Seattle and Disneyland but this will be Kevin's first experience traveling with a child.

We'll see how he does. I was going to go get him some "rescue remedy" from Vitamin Cottage (it's a natural Valium) but I think he'll be okay. I'll let you know.

We were lucky enough to even get a babysitter for one night while we're down there so Kevin and I can go out. A friend of mine has a good friend who lives about 5 minutes away from our hotel so I talked to her a few days ago and Karen is very excited to come meet Maelin and play with her. I'm excited about that because in general, my favorite part of vacations is the night life. We won't be clubbing it up by any means, but it'll be nice to be able to see what the Gaslamp district is like after dark.

Maelin is so excited: she keeps talking about the airplane, the beach and the koala bears. It's going to be awesome to experience this through her eyes. She also really likes the train at DIA, so we're in for some fun with this little one.

You know I'll post pictures when we get back. And we're off!

No comments: